This chana chaat (chickpea salad) is a classic street side snack found in Pakistan/India that you've gotta try! It's refreshing, crispy, crunchy, sweet, and tangy, AND ridiculously easy to make with Heyday's Harissa Lemon Chickpeas. Plus, the yogurt with Peepal People's Hara Bhara hot sauce makes it cool and spicy at the same time!!! Truly all the flavors and textures you need for the perfect salad.
Peel and cut the potato into small cubes and boil for about 10 to 15 minutes until they're full boiled (you should be able to insert a knife easily!)
- Finely chop your onion, tomato, Serrano pepper, and cilantro
- Assemble by layering the Harissa Lemon Chickpeas, boiled potatoes, tomatoes, onion, and lemon juice
- Prepare the yogurt sauce by mixing yogurt, cayenne pepper, cumin powder, sugar, salt, and Hara Bhara together
- Put dollops of yogurt on top of the chaat. Top with tamarind chutney, sprinkle with green chili and chopped cilantro.
- Add lemon juice for good measure and enjoy with your favorite chips! You can eat it as a dip or enjoy a bowl of chaat as is, just crush a few chips on top for extra texture.