This is a truly next level Heyday breakfast if there ever was one. Perfect for hungover mornings, not hungover mornings, or really anytime on any type of day. Our Enchilada Black Beans are rolled up with quick pickled red onions, creamy feta spread, and soft scrambled eggs and then pan-fried to crispy, golden-brown perfection.
QUICK PICKLE ONIONS
- Thinly slice 1⁄2 red onion and place in a small bowl.
- Add lime juice and salt, and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 week.
BAKE TORTILLA CHIP
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place corn tortilla on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until the tortilla is crispy, golden brown and glistening, about 15-18 minutes. Let cool.
MAKE FETA SPREAD
- Add feta, lime zest and cilantro to a small bowl. Using a fork, smash everything together until mixture is creamy and spreadable.
- Gently spread all of the feta onto the cooled corn tortilla chip, then carefully snap the chip in half. Set both halves aside.
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and whisk together for 1 minute.
- Set a small skillet over low heat and add butter.
- Once the butter melts, add eggs and use a spatula to push them from the edge of the pan to the center, creating ribbons of cooked egg.
- Turn off heat once eggs look mostly cooked but still slightly wet, about 45 seconds. Set aside.
- Working on a plate or cutting board, spoon half of the warm beans onto 1 flour tortilla, spreading them across the half closest to you and leaving an inch around the tortilla’s perimeter.
- Stack half of the eggs on top of the beans, then place 1 corn tortilla half, feta side up, on top of the eggs. Scatter 2 tablespoons of the pickled onions over the feta.
- Start rolling up the wrap by folding the left and right sides of the tortilla up over the filling. Then, pinch the edge of the tortilla closest to you up over the filling and start rolling away from you, tucking all sides together as you do.
- Repeat with second flour tortilla and remaining ingredients.
- In the same skillet you scrambled the eggs in, add butter and melt over medium-high heat.
- Once butter starts sizzling, lay both wraps, seam side down, in the hot skillet.
- Sear until you hear sizzling, then use a spatula to check that the bottoms are very crispy and a deep golden brown color. Flip both wraps and cook until the other side looks the same.
- Slice in half or bite right in!